Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition
EDENHOPE VIC 3318
CONTRAVENTION OF ANY RULE OR REGULATION SHALL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
1. The competitor’s entry in the competition is deemed to signify acceptance of all conditions and rules of this contest.
2. The Fishing Contest shall be conducted from 6.30am on the Saturday prior to Melbourne Cup, and close 12noon on the Sunday prior to Melbourne Cup.
3. The times of angling shall be between 9.00am and 8.00pm local Edenhope time Saturday and 6.30am and 12noon local Edenhope time Sunday.
4. Competitors must not fish prior to the start time on the day of the competition and may result in disqualification.
5. The major prize is as outlined in the Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition 2017 Prize List. All decisions are final.
6. All prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable.
7. People aged 5-15 on the day of the competition are eligible for the junior section. If they pay for an open entry they can fish for the open section prizes only.
8. Children aged under 5 on the day of the competition are eligible to fish in the tiddler section only.
9. Prizes not collected within 3 hours of the close of the contest will be deemed to be forfeited, except by arrangement with the committee.
10. It is clearly understood that the entry is accepted on the condition that any person or persons participating in the contest do so at their own sole risk and any such person shall NOT claim against the Edenhope Angling Club (the committee) or any official or servant or other persons appointed by or acting on behalf of the said organisers or in connection with the contest for any injuries or loss suffered by himself or herself or any other person to by any act omission or negligence on the part of the committee or any other sponsors or official servants as aforesaid.
11. Every entrant taking part in the contest shall indemnify the said Committee or other sponsors and the official servants and the other persons aforesaid against the claim by any other entrant or person whosoever or howsoever arising.
12. The organisers may at any time before the commencement or during the Contest, refuse to accept and/or reject entry without assigning any reason thereof and without being in any way whatsoever liable to any person whatsoever for so doing.
13. Participants will be bound by the regulations governing the Contest.
14. Unruly behaviour, including bad language or threatening towards any Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition committee member or volunteer will not be tolerated. This behaviour may incur immediate disqualification from the Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition at the discretion of the President or committee member.
1. The organiser, or any person acting as an official at any time may:
a. Inspect registered competitors, boat/vessel, rods, reels, bait and fishing lines
b. Instruct any competitor to conform to any or all the rules described herein
c. Direct that competitors surrender their rodtags.
2. All Angling will be in Lake Wallace in Edenhope as defined by the organisers.
3. Each competitor is allowed to use TWO (2) rods, with a maximum of TWO (2) hooks per rod. Spinners count as TWO (2) hooks.
4. Rod tags must be affixed to rods at all times during the contest. COMPETITORS MUST PRODUCE THEIR REGISTERED RODTAG BEFORE BEING PRESENTED WITH ANY PRIZE.
5. Fish eligible for a prize MUST BE LANDED by the registered rodtag holder, on their own fishing rod.
6. Tiddlers are able to have help landing a fish but must be present and holding rod at time of landing fish.
7. No European Carp, Goldfish, dead or alive, are permitted as bait, as required by law.
8. Daily bag limits of eligible fish shall be as per the current Victorian Fisheries Regulations,
9. Rainbow, Brown Trout and Redfin are the only fish eligible for the competition
10. All fish must be a minimum of 30cm to be eligible for the competition.
11. Fish will be weighed on digital scales.
12. Upon catching a legal-size fish, all competitors must present their fish to a steward. The steward shall remove the fish from the line, or instruct the competitor to remove the fish from the line, and attach a tag to the fish with the rod tag number recorded on the tag. They shall also record the fish and rod tag on their tally sheet.
13. It is the competitor’s responsibility to ensure details recorded are correct.
14. Competitors are required to sign the steward’s record book to confirm that the fish tag is correct, legible and securely attached to the fish.
15. Any fish is eligible for one prize only.
16. The chief referee may disqualify any fish for reasons such as: fish not legal as per Victorian fishing regulations; was not landed by the angler who holds the rod tag; was tethered or imported from another waterway.
17. If an angler is disqualified for breeching of the rules, the entrance fee will not be refunded.
18. Protests must be lodged personally to the referee table no later than 12.30pm, local Edenhope time, on the final day of the competition.
19. Pegging of the lake is NOT permitted, except by use of the OFFICAL STAKE.
20. ROPING OF THE LAKE IS NOT PERMITTED, even with the use of the official stakes.
21. No stakes will be handed out before 9am on the Monday prior to the competition.
22. No stakes are allowed along the lake before this time.
23. A Victorian Recreational Fishing Licence is required, by law, for all Anglers aged 18 or over, except where specific exemptions apply.
24. All fish caught and handed into the stewards WILL NOT be returned to the participant.
25. Carp are properly disposed of and native fish are released into the lake.
26. If two (or more) eligible fish are of the same weight, the fish weighed earliest, as per weigh-in book, will be eligible for the prize, or higher ranked prize.
1. All Signs must be observed.
2. Failure to comply with signs, or co-operate with fishing competition officials may render contestants liable to disqualification, without refund of entry fee.
3. No camping is permitted within outside designated camping areas.
4. No camping is permitted under red gum eucalypt trees.
5. Covered shoes must be worn at all times.
6. An up-to-date plan of camping areas will be available from West Wimmera Rural Services and Henley Park Registration Desk.
7. All noise, including music, is to be kept at a minimum between 9.30pm and 6am.
8. Event organisers reserve the right to ask campers to leave the lake or other designated fishing competition eligible camping area if noise rules are not adhered to. Anyone removed from the lake or other designated fishing competition eligible camping area will also be disqualified from the competition.
9. Some areas have restrictions on camping. Please observe signs around the lake.
10. Swimming is NOT permitted within the defined fishing competition area between midnight on the Friday prior the competition, until 12pm on the Sunday of the competition.
11. Skiing/wakeboarding is NOT permitted within the defined fishing competition area between midnight on the Friday prior the competition, until 12pm on the Sunday of the competition.
12. NOTE the fishing competition is conducted on farming land, private land and public parks. Please respect these areas-our use of these areas is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.
13. Garbage containers are supplied. All rubbish is to be placed in them.
14. All camp fires must adhere to Country Fire Authority regulations.
Time of Contest
1. The Fishing Contest shall be conducted on the Saturday and Sunday of the weekend prior to the Melbourne Cup (the Cup occurs the first Tuesday in November).
2. The times of angling shall be between 9.00am and 8.00pm local Edenhope time.
3. Any competitor found fishing between 5.30am and 9.00am local Edenhope time on the Saturday of the competition shall be disqualified.
4. Any competitor found fishing between 9.00pm Saturday and 6.30am Sunday, local Edenhope time, on the days of the competition shall be disqualified.
Advertising Errors & Omissions
1. In the event of any advertisement or publication printed by the Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition committee we assume no liability for any errors published.
1. Personal Information collected by the Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition is used for the purpose of the Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition. Including but not necessarily limited to fish tracking, publication of prize winners and competition mailouts.
2. Your personal information will not be given to any other organisations except where required by law.
1. The Edenhope on Lake Wallace Fishing Competition is an Annual event held on Lake Wallace on the Saturday and Sunday of the weekend prior to the Melbourne Cup (the Cup occurs the first Tuesday in November).
Kalla 0427 094 103, Luke 0438 851 975