Edenhope is a small town in the West Wimmera.
Built on the banks of Lake Wallace, it’s a thriving district with a population of around 1000.
You will be fascinated with Edenhope and the surrounding areas which are dotted with chains of wetlands, lakes and majestic Red Gums. Lake Wallace has been known for great fishing from bank or boat and is stocked with Redfin and Trout.*
Things to do
Swimming, fishing and watersports at Lake Wallace
Bird watching at Lake Wallace, back swamp and surrounding wetlands
View the colourful contemporary murals of local birds on the wall of the Bendigo Bank
Antiques for all tastes
Visit the Red Tail Gallery
Aboriginal Cricket Cairn – honoring Australia’s First XI
Wander through the Flora Reserve
Walk or ride the 5.2 km track around Lake Wallace
Take the Historical walk around town
Edenhope Visitor Information Centre
Former courthouse and lockup, local produce and visitor information.
96 Elizabeth St, Edenhope
Phone: 03 5585 1509
- Shopping: We have retail shops including Edenhope Antiques, Melindari Fashions, The Red Tail Gallery, Edenhope Op Shop, Edenhope Butchers, Edenhope Foodworks Supermarket, West Wimmera Rural Services, Post Office, Pharmacy, Bereden Gift Shop, D’Lush Beauty, Vanillah Hair & Beauty.
- ATM at Bendigo Bank
- Public amenities
- Service Stations: Food, petrol, LPG and repairs.
- Hospital and Medical Services: Public hospital, doctors, maternal and child health centre, auxiliary health services.
- Internet and Email Access: Edenhope Library
- Sporting: Bowls, tennis, football, netball, cricket, hockey, pony club, adult riding club, little athletics, Kowree Sports Centre, swimming pool and gymnasium.
- Golf Course: 18 Hole grass greens with watered fairways, set adjacent to natural bushland. City course in the country. Fully licensed. Contact Edenhope Golf Club on 03 5585 1139 for event details.
- Public Toilets: Elizabeth Street and adjacent to Lake Wallace.
- November 2017 – Edenhope Fishing Competition
- November – Edenhope P&A Show
- February – Henley on Lake Wallace
- March – Edenhope Cup
- June – Apsley Cup
Places to Eat
52 Elizabeth Street
Ph 03 5585 1024
53 Elizabeth Street
Ph 03 5585 1253
Lake Wallace Hotel
46 Elizabeth Street
Ph 03 5585 1191
The Coffee Shop
58 Elizabeth Street
Ph 03 5585 1519
Edenhope Motor Inn
157 Elizabeth Street
Ph 03 5585 1369
Places to Stay
Lake Street. Halfway between Adelaide and Melbourne. Ensuite cabins and shady sites. Camp kitchen and rec room. Central to shops, bowls, golf and pool. The perfect place to relax.
71 Lake Street, Edenhope
Ph: 03 5585 1659 Email Website
157 Elizabeth Street. 13 comfortable ground floor units plus Casper’s fully licensed restaurant. Backing onto well maintained golf course, easy day trips to local attractions and Coonawarra wine region.
Ph: 03 5585 1369
Glamping at 95 Elizabeth Street
95 Elizabeth Street
Ph: 0458 736 992 Facebook page
Enjoy a comfortable place to sleep and a delicious breakfast at the Higgelty Piggelty Bed & Breakfast.
3 Langford Street
Ph: 03 5585 1248
46 Elizabeth Street
Ph: 03 5585 1191 Facebook page
Two Fat Ducks
80 Elizabeth Street
Ph: 0477 835 572 Facebook page
This fully self-contained century old farm-house with modern facilities accommodates up to nine people.
1340 Wimmera Highway, Apsley (12km from Edenhope)
Ph: 03 5586 5255 Website
The Border Inn Hotel
The Border Inn Hotel is a newly renovated Country and Community focused hotel with an open bar and dining room to delight any visitor upon arrival.
65 Wallace Street, Apsley (20kms from Edenhope)
Ph: 03 5586 1205 Website